A fun, fact-packed introduction to the brain and nervous system for young science enthusiasts.
The brain – a wrinkly, spongy mass the size of a cauliflower that sits in our heads and controls everything we do! Discover what its made of, how it works and why we even need one in this fun, fact-packed introduction to the brain.
Inside the pages of this STEM book for children aged 7-9, budding young scientists will discover:
– An age-appropriate introduction to the brain, what it is, what it does, how it works, and how it evolved
– All about how scientists study the brain and nervous system
– Introduces concepts like how we think, what consciousness is, and how the brains of other animals are different
– Encourages young readers to develop an interest in STEM fields – including biology, medicine, and science
– Each page is filled with engaging photographs and artworks with easy to understand text
Filled with colourful illustrations and bite-sized chunks of information, this book covers all your questions on everything from the anatomy of the brain and nervous system, to how information is collected and sent around the body. Also, explore questions about the brain that we don’t know the answers to yet!