Authors & Publishers
Get Involved with BooksForTopics
Here at BooksForTopics HQ we are always delighted to hear from authors and publishers who want to get more involved. The main aim of the BooksForTopics website is to recommend fiction and non-fiction to UK teachers working with pupils in the primary school age range (4-11). We are on the look-out for books that will excite and inspire young readers and that are age-appropriate in terms of language and content. Find out more about BooksForTopics here.
We reach thousands of schools every month with our book recommendations, through the website, our social media channels and our mailing list.
There are a number of ways that publishers and authors can get involved with contributing to BooksForTopics:
1. Get in touch & say hello! While we try to stay up to date with the fast-moving world of children's publishing, there will always be books and authors that we have yet to discover. You can drop us an email or connect with us on Twitter or Facebook to let us know about your books that primary schools will love and where we can follow your latest news.
2. We are happy to receive review copies of books that are appropriate to our audience. Please take note of our review policy and get in touch to find out more. Please note that due to high demand, we are not currently accepting review copies from self-published authors. You can also get in touch to find out which topic booklists are coming up and find out how to submit relevant titles.
3. Schools love interacting with children's authors and we'd love to help them to connect with you via our Reading for Pleasure Blog. If you would be interested in writing a guest blog post, participating in an author Q & A or organising a blog tour, we'd be over the moon to hear from you.
4. We are happy to host giveaways via social media and these are a brilliant way to connect authors to schools. If you would be willing to supply books or promotional items for giveaways, please do let us know. Similarly, we often get requests from teaching conferences and teach-meets asking for donations of books or promotional items.
5. Got another idea? Let's work together! Let us know how you'd like to be involved by contacting us.